Project Controls - Level 3
"My biggest achievement would be looking after the Waterloo and City schedule. As an apprentice, you don't expect to be trusted to lead something like this, so for the team to give me a chance meant a lot to me."
— Kyra Lynch, Project Controls apprentice
How long: Approx 2 years
Where: London/ Hybrid working within this role enables a balance of 50 per cent of time split between the office and home over a 4 week period. Hybrid working arrangements can evolve subject to business requirements.
What you'll need
- A minimum of 2 GCSE's (or equivalent) Grade A*-C or Grade 4 and above including Maths and English language
- You're not eligible for this scheme if you currently hold or are working towards a qualification at the same or higher level in a related subject or have already studied content from the qualification for this scheme.
- You must be 18 years of age by September 2024 to be eligible for this scheme
- Please be advised that should you be successful in getting an offer for this scheme, your offer will be subject to a satisfactory medical which may include but is not limited to: drugs and alcohol screening, eye test and hearing test.
Our Project Controls team are responsible for monitoring and systematically analysing progress and performance data on a variety of projects and new initiatives.
Your role will help drive efficiency and ensure that we are delivering value for money, whilst developing expertise in estimating, planning, scheduling and cost engineering.
What you'll be doing
You'll be learning from industry-leading professionals, working with teams that directly manage the supply chain to deliver work that is reliable, timely and cost-effective.
You'll gain experience on capital investment projects, asset maintenance and operations.
By the end of the scheme, you'll be skilled in a variety of controls areas which are transferrable to a dynamic and highly rewarding career.
Where this career can take you
Upon successful completion of this scheme, you could roll-off into a variety of controls roles, depending on your area of interest. Some examples include:
- Project Controls Assistant
- Assistant Planner
- Assistant Risk Manager
- Data Controller
These roles can then lead onto more senior positions within TfL.