Mechanical Engineering Graduate
"I wanted to join an organisation in which I can use what I learned in university to support the general public, rather than have a primary focus on profit."
— Fareed El-ezaby, Mechanical Engineering graduate
How long: 2 years
Where: London based hybrid working. Anticipated 1 to 2 days on average in the office- subject to working patterns and business requirements
What you'll need
- Candidates must hold or be working towards a minimum of a 2:1 MEng or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Your academic qualification must be accredited by the IMechE
What you'll be doing
As a graduate, your 2-year development programme will be made up of around 8 placement rotations that you choose from across the business. There, you'll receive all the training needed to succeed in your role.
Our aim is to equip you with the range of skills and experience you need for a successful engineering career.
This will also help you to gain Chartered Engineer status with the IMechE, as well as select a permanent position within TfL's Engineering Directorate.
Where this career can take you
Our mechanical engineers have the chance to create a huge impact.
A career with us can be very varied with opportunities across the whole of TfL Engineering for you to enjoy.
In five years, you should expect to have:
- Achieved chartered status with the IMechE
- Created opportunities to be an engineer working in all areas of the business
In ten years, you could be responsible for:
- The performance of an engineering team
- Setting the engineering approach informing strategic decisions on designs and processes