How to apply for apprentice, graduate and intern roles
Step 1 - Online application
Use our online application to enter your personal details and select the programme you wish to apply for.
- Make sure you know which apprentice, graduate or intern programme you want to apply for before you get started. Remember, you can only apply for one per recruitment campaign.
- Read the instructions carefully and provide all details of your qualifications. You should also upload any qualification certificates you hold. Please note, if you're due to sit exams or need to replace these certificates, they can be provided at a later date.
- Don't forget to proofread your answers before submitting them.
We'll let you know with an email right away if you're through to the next stage.
Step 2 - Online test
Our strengths-based online assessment helps us to identify your strengths and understand if they align to our strengths and values. The online assessment is split into two stages.
- We'll introduce you to TfL through a variety of multimedia sources.
- You'll be presented with a range of hypothetical scenarios that ask you to rank in order your preferred response.
- If your responses suggest you align with our strengths and values, you'll be invited by email to the second stage of our online assessment.
- You'll be presented with a range of realistic scenarios you may experience in the programme you've applied for.
- Some questions will ask you to respond through a video recording, while others will require you to rank the response options in your preferred order.
- If you successfully pass this stage, you'll be considered for the final stage of our assessment process.
When completing the online assessment, try not to overthink the questions and respond to the scenarios as you would in real life. For more preparation tips, please visit the behavioural assessment section of Cappfinity's Preparation Hub.
Step 3 - Assessment centre
The final step is to meet us at an assessment centre. Typically, your assessment centre will consist of an interview, and there may be an additional activity such as a presentation or group task. We'll inform you of this in advance, so you have time to prepare.
We'll send you an invitation and you'll have 48 hours to confirm your attendance to guarantee your place. We're not able to move dates as these are fixed for the programme you've applied to.
We'll let you know if you have an offer within a week. Regardless of your outcome, you can book a call with one of our assessors for one-to-one feedback.
Find more top tips for interviews at TfL by watching the video below.
Inclusive recruitment process
We operate a transparent recruitment process that removes barriers for disabled candidates.
We're a Disability Confident employer, and we offer guaranteed interviews to candidates who apply via the scheme where the minimum criteria for skills, knowledge and experience has been met.
Our candidate experience continues to be underpinned by a fair and robust reasonable adjustments process, in collaboration with our Occupational Health colleagues, and other expert organisations.