Data Technician (Capital & Business Information) - Level 3
How long: 2 years plus End Point Assessment period of approximately 3 months
Where: London-based hybrid working. Expected 1-2 days on average in the office (subject to working patterns and business requirements).
What you'll need
- You must be 18 years old by September 2023 to be eligible for this scheme.
- For those who do not have a GCSE Level 4 (Grade C and above) or Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English, you must achieve Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English while completing your apprenticeship. You'll be supported to achieve this.
TfL is one of the largest capital delivery organisations in the UK. Our Project Management Office (PMO) manages the governance and controls for £6bn worth of projects.
"I love this job as it's not just about lending order to chaos. It's also about problem solving. I never know where the next challenge will come from and that gives great experience in treading the line between reacting and planning."
What you'll be doing
Within PMO, you'll be:
- Supporting the efficient running of data control, reporting and systems functions
- Providing an excellent level of service to the project team and other stakeholders
You'll also be involved in:
- Providing evidence for huge capital investment and funding decisions
- Supplying insight into the health of projects and analysis that contributes to making robust decisions
- Providing the systems to make this possible
Where this career can take you
Upon successful completion of this scheme, you could roll-off into these roles:
- Data Controller
- Reporting Analyst
- Systems Analyst
This could lead to further career development opportunities such as:
- Data Control Manager
- Reporting Manager
- Systems Manager