Business Analysis - Level 4
How long: 18 months
Where: London-based hybrid working. Expected 1-2 days on average in the office (subject to working patterns and business requirements).
What you'll need
- A minimum of 2 GCSEs A*- C or Grade 4 and above or equivalent in Maths and English
- Plus 2 A-Levels in any subject at grade A* - D or equivalent
- You must be 18 years old by September 2023 to be eligible for this scheme
In this role, you'll be supporting our Business Analysis team and working on a variety of exciting projects, such as:
- Implementing new ticket machines
- Updating ticketing software to support faster top ups and contactless payments
- Implementing a single Asset Management system for London Underground
- Helping to make millions of pounds worth of savings
What you'll be doing
You'll enjoy three rotations, each approximately 6 months in length, supporting a variety of exciting projects. These will include a 6-month placement within the Business Analysis team and then two 6-month placements in other T&D areas, or even outside T&D.
Within the Business Analysis team, you will be gaining valuable insight in core BA skills. You will learn how to elicit, document and manage business requirements and write business processes in order to identify enhancements for the success of TfL and our customers. You will also develop valuable experience in engaging and managing stakeholders.
Your remaining placements can be aligned to your interests to support you in your future career. Possible placements could be within T&D Business Architecture, Software Development, Business Development, Contact Centre Operations, Data & Analytics, Payments Analysis, and more. Outside T&D, your placements could be within Surface Transport, such as Open Innovation or Compliance, Policing & On-street Services. Your Scheme Sponsor will ensure your placements are relevant and support your development.
Where this career can take you
When you finish, you can look forward to a role as Business Analyst or Product Analyst.
Five years after that, team lead, product manager and data scientist roles should be firmly on your radar.
And following that, the world's your oyster whether it is in the T&D department or using your skills in the wider TfL organisation.