Find out how to get alerts about major disruptions on your line through Twitter direct messages and how to check the status of your line.
About the service
We have created a system to provide alerts about major disruptions through Twitter direct messages. The service is free and uses our data to inform you when there are significant delays or an alternative route is required. Within a direct message, you can also instantly check the status of your line.
Travel alerts and a status checker are available for all Tube lines, DLR, London Overground and TfL Rail.
"Like every Londoner I rely on public transport to get me around and this world-first service looks set to become an essential tool for millions of Tube passengers.
How to check your line status
- On Twitter, open a direct message with one of our accounts and select 'Check status now'
- Select the specific line and you will instantly receive the current status including disruption information
How to subscribe
- On Twitter, open a direct message with one of our accounts and select 'Subscribe or edit alerts'
- Select the specific lines for which you would like to get alerts
To receive these alerts, you will need to enable notifications on your phone.
How to personalise your alerts
On Twitter, open a direct message with one of our accounts and select 'Subscribe or edit alerts'. Your subscriptions can be personalised with the following options:
- To receive alerts from specific lines, select 'Add subscriptions'
- To remove specific lines, select 'Remove subscriptions'
- The default time to receive alerts is set to 'Commuting times' (07:00-10:00 and 16:00-19:00, Monday to Friday). To change this setting to receive alerts at all times, select 'Always' or to stop all alerts, select 'Never'