We've worked with Haringey Council to improve the A10 High Road in Bruce Grove town centre between the junctions with Forster Road and Bruce Grove. Most of the work is done - minor finishing works will continue until spring 2019.
The work has improved road safety, created more space for walking and made for a better town centre environment.
The improvements are part of a wider plan for regeneration in the area. Visit the Tottenham London website for details.
What we've done
- Widened pavements and shortened crossing distances at the junction with Bruce Grove
- Introduced Advanced Stop Lines at all signalised junctions so cyclists can wait ahead of other traffic
- Repaved footways along the High Road, including the shop forecourts. The existing lampposts were kept
- Moved the signalised pedestrian crossing north of the junction with St Loy's Road to be closer to Holcombe Road Market (opposite Lloyds Pharmacy). An unsignalised crossing replaced the existing signalised crossing just north of the junction with St Loy's Road
- Widened pavements on both sides of the relocated pedestrian crossing
- Merged bus stops for northbound bus services near Bruce Grove station, reassigning bus routes to reduce overcrowding