We have now finished upgrade work at Bond Street station which increased the space for customers and added step-free access.
Bond Street station is in the heart of London's West End, the busiest shopping district in the UK - serving tourists, residents and businesses in the area.
More than 185,000 passengers use the station daily. When the Elizabeth line arrives, passenger numbers are expected to increase to 225,000. Find out about the Elizabeth line.
What we've done
The scheme station now benefits from:
- Step-free access from street to all Jubilee and Central line platforms with four new lifts. (For step-free access to/from trains, Jubilee line platforms have humps while Central line platforms use manual boarding ramps.)
- A new station entrance on Marylebone Lane, on the north side of Oxford Street
- Two new escalators to help reduce congestion and offer an additional route to the Jubilee line as well as a new interlink between the Jubilee and Central lines
Once the Elizabeth line is open, a new passage will offer a direct connection to Elizabeth line services.
Step-free access from Jubilee line trains
To get off Jubilee trains step free at Bond Street, passengers should board:
- Southbound: Second set of double doors of Car 2
- Northbound: Second set of double doors in Car 5