We are carrying out repair and improvement schemes on and around the A406 North Circular Road at Neasden. Several projects are complete, but work on others will continue into 2017.
You can see these works on our traffic status tool.
Two bridges on the A406 North Circular Road at Neasden are being repaired to extend their lives and ensure no major maintenance work is required for many years. Work on one bridge is now complete and work on the second will start in late 2016/early 2017.
A406 at Drury Way and A406 at Brentfield Road
Works in these areas are now complete.
We have built a new bus lane.
- Some southbound bus routes are now 0.6 miles shorter, reducing journey times for passengers
- We removed the need for four buses per hour to travel along the A406
We have also constructed a new left-hand slip road. It has:
- Made it safer for pedestrians to cross the road
- Improved traffic flows and journey times for all vehicles travelling on the main carriageway
These schemes are all part of the Road Modernisation Plan.
Minimising noise and disruption
To complete the works as quickly as possible we often have to work 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
During the works at night, we use a range of measures to reduce noise, vibration and disruption, including:
- Noise-reducing acoustic barriers where appropriate
- Compressors and generators fitted with acoustic covers to reduce noise
- Vehicles, plant and equipment fitted with exhaust silencers
- Regularly monitoring dust levels
- Reducing airborne dust by using water sprays
- Taking steps to ensure lights do not shine into people's homes