West End Project
From Monday 1 March 2021, sections of Tottenham Court Road will be open to buses and cyclists only between 08:00-19:00, Monday to Saturday.
The West End Project is being built by the London Borough of Camden. TfL have part-funded this scheme.
Tottenham Court Road was switched two-way traffic in April 2019.
These are the main changes that affect drivers:
- Tottenham Court Road is now two-way
- Gower Street / Bloomsbury Street is changing to two-way traffic between Grafton Way and High Holborn on Sunday 28 February 2021
- From Monday 1 March 2021, sections of Tottenham Court Road will be open to buses and cyclists only between 08:00-19:00, Monday to Saturday
There are more details and maps on Camden's project web page.
You can already use new segregated cycle lanes on Gower Street and Bloomsbury Street in both directions.
- Be aware of loading vehicles pulling in and out of the loading bays
- Sunday 28 February 2021, be aware of northbound vehicle traffic on Gower Street and Bloomsbury Street
- From Monday 1 March 2021, sections of Tottenham Court Road will be open to buses and cyclists only between 08:00 and 19:00, Monday-Saturday
If you want to hire a Santander Cycle, you can check availability using the online docking station map.
Both northbound and southbound buses now use Tottenham Court Road. Buses no longer run along Gower Street/Bloomsbury Street. This is a permanent change.
Find out how your bus may be affected on our Bus status updates map.
Tottenham Court Road is now two-way - take care crossing.
Gower Street/Bloomsbury Street is changing to two-way traffic between Grafton Way and High Holborn on Sunday 28 February 2021. Look both ways when crossing the road.
Cross at pedestrian crossings and watch for cyclists on the new cycle lanes.
Freight, deliveries and servicing
The project team is continuing to work with local businesses to provide advice and to ensure that you can make and receive deliveries during construction.
If you make or receive deliveries in the area, talk to your customers and suppliers now to see if there are changes you need to make to your deliveries or collections, such as moving them to outside the restricted periods. Find out more about changing your deliveries.
About the scheme
The scheme's traffic transformations will be completed when Gower Street / Bloomsbury Street changes to two-way traffic on 28 February 2021.
Further public and green space transformation will then be carried out.
Find out more about the scheme on Camden's project webpage.