View the map below or download the PDF to see changes on the Tube and rail network today.
Please read on for travel advice by mode
- A Saturday frequency service
- No District line service between Gloucester Road and Acton Town, Richmond and Wimbledon; between Edgware Road and Wimbledon; or at Kensington
(Olympia) - see below for travel advice
- No Circle line between Aldgate and Gloucester Road via Tower Hill
- Piccadilly line trains will call at Turnham Green and Ravenscourt Park, and at Stamford Brook (westbound only)
District line travel advice
Two replacement buses run:
- Service A calls at Hammersmith, Putney Bridge, East Putney, Southfields, Wimbledon Park, Wimbledon
- Service B calls at Earl's Court, West Brompton, Fulham Broadway, Parsons Green, Putney Bridge, Wimbledon
For the Richmond branch, use London Overground services between Richmond and Gunnersbury and/or local bus 391, which connects with the Piccadilly line at Turnham Green and Ravenscourt Park.
For up-to-date information on how transport services are running, see our status updates
page or follow @TfLTravelAlerts on Twitter.
- Buses will run a Saturday service
- A limited service will run on the weekday routes 521 and X68
- The 965 will run a usual Wednesday service
- Normal service on night buses
For the latest information on how buses are running, see our bus status updates page or follow @TfLBusAlerts on Twitter.
- Generally, there will be a Saturday frequency service
- A weekday frequency service on Liverpool Street to Chingford, Cheshunt and Enfield Town routes
- No service between Romford and Upminster - use bus 370 instead
- The Gospel Oak to Barking closure continues
For the latest information on how the London Overground is running, see our status updates page
@LDNOverground on Twitter.
- The Congestion Charge won't apply today
- For information on expected traffic over the festive period, please check back at the beginning of December
For live traffic information, see our traffic status updates page or follow @TfLTrafficNews on Twitter.
Changes at Paddington rail station
There will be no National Rail services at Paddington. Instead, trains will depart and terminate at Ealing Broadway station. Visit the GWR site for more information and alternative routes - especially if you need lifts or
escalators, as there's no step-free access at Ealing Broadway.
Tickets will be accepted by the following:
- TfL buses
- Acton Town station
- Ealing Broadway station
- Euston station
- Hammersmith station
- Hillingdon station
- Marylebone station
- Notting Hill Gate station
- Paddington station
- Waterloo station
- Chiltern Railways
- London Midland
- South West Trains
- Virgin Trains
Please re-plan your journey before you travel, and make use of the alternative services.
Other National Rail changes
Check National Rail's Christmas and New Year page for information about
all service changes over the festive period.
- Planned work means there will be no National Rail services at Heathrow Airport. Instead, replan your
journey to or from Heathrow using the Piccadilly line
- Allow plenty of time to travel as the Piccadilly line may be busier than usual
- A Saturday service
- A different timetable runs throughout the festive period. For live departures, see our DLR section
For the latest information on how the DLR is running, follow @LondonDLR on Twitter.
- Replacement buses will run between Chadwell Heath to Shenfield
- Trains will run every 15 minutes on the rest of the line
For live departures and more, see our TfL Rail section or follow @TfLRail on Twitter.
- A Saturday service, with weekday start and finish times
For the latest information on how trams are running, visit our status updates page or follow
@TramsLondon on Twitter.
Taxis & minicabs
- Taxis and minicabs are available throughout the festive period
- Some roadworks may affect journey times
Find more information in our taxi and minicabs section.
- There will be a normal service, but you can contact your coach operator to check your
A normal service except:
- A one-boat service on the Woolwich Ferry
- No RB1X service
To find out more about river services, see our river section or follow @TfLRiver on Twitter
Emirates Air Line
- Open as normal between 07:00-21:00
Find out more in our Emirates Air Line section or follow @EmiratesAirLine on Twitter.