If you're travelling in London between mid-November 2016 and Tuesday 3 January 2017, service changes, planned works and events may affect your journey. This page contains travel advice for Tuesday 27 December.
Today is a Bank Holiday. Service changes include:
- Tube: Sunday frequency service but weekday start and finish times, closures on the District and Circle
- Buses: A weekend service in the day, Tuesday service at night
- London Overground: Saturday frequency service, no service between Romford and Upminster, and Gospel Oak to Barking closure continues
- Driving: The Congestion Charge won't apply
- National Rail: Changes include Paddington services run from Ealing Broadway instead
- Heathrow Airport: No National Rail services at Heathrow Airport
- DLR: Saturday service
- TfL Rail: No trains. Replacement buses between Stratford and Shenfield, except Maryland
- Trams: Sunday service with a weekday start and finish, no Line 4 service
- Taxis: An extra £4 per journey until 06:00
- Rivers: A one-boat service on the Woolwich Ferry, weekend service on RB2 and RB4
- Emirates Air Line: Open 08:00-23:00
Map of service changes
View the map below or download the PDF to see changes on the Tube and rail network today.
- There's a Sunday frequency service, but weekday start and finish times
- No District line service between Gloucester Road and Acton Town, Richmond and Wimbledon; between Edgware Road and Wimbledon; or at Kensington
(Olympia) - see below for travel advice
- No Circle line between Aldgate and Gloucester Road via Tower Hill
- Piccadilly line trains will call at Turnham Green and Ravenscourt Park, and at Stamford Brook (westbound only)
District line travel advice
Two replacement buses run:
- Service A calls at Hammersmith, Putney Bridge, East Putney, Southfields, Wimbledon Park, Wimbledon
- Service B calls at Earl's Court, West Brompton, Fulham Broadway, Parsons Green, Putney Bridge, Wimbledon
For the Richmond branch, use London Overground services between Richmond and Gunnersbury and/or bus 391, which connects with the Piccadilly line at Turnham Green and Ravenscourt Park.
For up-to-date information on how transport services are running, see our status updates
page or follow @TfLTravelAlerts on Twitter.
- Most buses will run a Sunday service
- The following will run a Saturday service: 327, 346, 347, 375, 377, 383, 385, 389, 399, 404, 424, 467, 470, 485, 549, H3, K4, K5, R2, R5, R7, R8, R10, S3, S4, U10 and W10
- Night buses: Normal Tuesday service
For the latest information on how buses are running, see our bus status updates page or follow @TfLBusAlerts on Twitter.
For the latest information on how the London Overground is running, see our status updates page
@LDNOverground on Twitter.
- The Congestion Charge won't apply today
- For information on expected traffic over the festive period, please check back at the beginning of December
For live traffic information, see our traffic status updates page or follow @TfLTrafficNews on Twitter.
Changes at Paddington rail station
There are no National Rail services at Paddington. Instead, trains will depart or terminate at Ealing Broadway station. Visit the GWR site for more information and alternative routes - especially if you need lifts or
escalators, as there's no step-free access at Ealing Broadway.
Tickets will be accepted by the following:
- TfL buses
- Acton Town station
- Ealing Broadway station
- Euston station
- Hammersmith station
- Hillingdon station
- Marylebone station
- Notting Hill Gate station
- Paddington station
- Waterloo station
- Chiltern Railways
- London Midland
- South West Trains
- Virgin Trains
Please re-plan your journey before you travel, and make use of the alternative services.
Other National Rail changes
Check National Rail's Christmas and New Year page for information about
all service changes over the festive period.
- Planned work means there are no National Rail services at Heathrow Airport. Instead, replan your
journey to or from Heathrow using the Piccadilly line
- Allow plenty of time to travel as the Piccadilly line may be busier than usual
- A Saturday service
- A different timetable runs throughout the festive period. For live departures, see our DLR section
For the latest information on how the DLR is running, follow @LondonDLR on Twitter.
- No trains
- Replacement buses between Stratford and Shenfield, except Maryland
For live departures and more, see our TfL Rail section or follow @TfLRail on Twitter.
- No Line 4 service
- Otherwise, a Sunday service with a weekday start and finish time
For the latest information on how trams are running, visit our status updates page or follow
@TramsLondon on Twitter.
Taxis & minicabs
- Until, 06:00, each black cab journey will cost an extra £4
- Taxis and minicabs are available throughout the festive period
- Some roadworks may affect journey times
Find more information in our taxi and minicabs section.
Normal service except:
- A one-boat service on the Woolwich Ferry
- Weekend service on RB2
- Sunday service on RB4
To find out more about river services, see our river section or follow @TfLRiver on Twitter
Emirates Air Line
- Opening hours today will be 08:00-23:00
Find out more in our Emirates Air Line section or follow @EmiratesAirLine on Twitter.