Travel advice for road users
Live traffic information
For live information on traffic conditions in London, you can:
- Check our traffic status tool
- Follow @TfLTrafficNews on Twitter
- For the latest information on how buses are running, see our bus status updates or follow @TfLBusAlerts on Twitter
- Check cycle hire availability using the live docking station map, and follow @SantanderCycles on Twitter
Major works on our network
To help you plan your journey, we regularly estimate the impact of construction works on your journey time.
Find out specific travel advice for current projects in London:
Central London works
- In 2015, there were 350 breakdowns in or on the approach to the tunnel. Make sure your vehicle is well maintained and check your fuel before you travel
- The maximum height of the northbound tunnel is 4.0m/13". The maximum height of the southbound tunnel is 4.7m/15.4". Check your vehicle - if exceeds this, you'll need to use an alternative route
- Pedestrians and cyclists are not allowed to enter the Blackwall Tunnel for safety reasons
Journey times are increasing in the tunnel. You could have a quicker journey if you're able to avoid the busiest times.
Journey times are increasing during peak times at Castelnau. The following charts highlight the busiest times of the day to drive through Castelnau on weekdays and weekends.You could have a quicker journey if you can avoid the busiest times.
A2 New Cross Road
Journey times are increasing at A2 New Cross Road eastbound. The following charts highlight the busiest times of the day to drive through A2 New Cross Road eastbound on weekdays and weekends. You could have a quicker journey if you can avoid the busiest times.