South Kensington escalator works
The works are to replace old Piccadilly line escalators. FInd out more about the project.
Travelling to the area
- From the west, change - by crossing a single platform - at Hammersmith or Barons Court for the District line to South Kensington
- From the east, exit at Knightsbridge and walk, cycle or catch one of many buses to South Kensington. Follow signs on the street from both Gloucester Road and Knightsbridge stations
- Or use interchanges at Finsbury Park or Green Park to the Victoria line, and then at Victoria for the Circle and District lines to South Kensington
District and Circle lines
- These lines will stop at South Kensington during the escalator works
Interchanging from the Circle or District lines to the Piccadilly line
- If you are travelling from stations between Edgware Road and High Street Kensington, use the District Line to Earl's Court and change there for the Piccadilly line
Leaving the South Kensington area
Take the District line and change - by crossing a single platform - to the Piccadilly line at Hammersmith or Barons Court.
Walk, cycle, or catch one of many buses to Knightsbridge for the Piccadilly line. Follow the signs on the street to Knightsbridge station
Or use the District and Circle lines at South Kensington as normal
There may be a controlled queuing system on Thurloe Street to keep people safe at the busiest times.
Follow our Safer travel guidance
Use our travel tools
Check before you travel and plan ahead using our travel tools. Keep up-to-date with the latest service information.
- The TfL TravelBot on Facebook Messenger
- Plan a journey, which can help you plan your route by public transport, cycling or walking
- The latest status updates for roads in the area around London Bridge
- Nearby, which uses your current location or a postcode or address of your choice and places you on a map, showing you Tube, bus, river, London Overground, DLR, TfL Rail and Santander Cycles locations around you
- Our email updates