If you're travelling in London between mid-November and Tuesday 3 January 2017, service changes, planned works and events may affect your journey. This page contains travel advice for New Year's Day: Sunday 1 January 2017.
Today's service changes include:
- Tube: Reduced Sunday service after 12:00
- London Overground: No service between Romford and Upminster, Gospel Oak to Barking closure continues
- Driving: The Congestion Charge won't apply
- DLR: Overnight service until 10:00
- TfL Rail: Replacement buses between Chadwell Heath and Shenfield. Trains every 15 minutes on the rest of the line
- Trams: No Line 4 service
- Taxis: An extra £4 per journey
- Cycling: Some docking stations in central London will be suspended
- Rivers: No service on the Woolwich Ferry or RB6
Map of service changes
View the map below or download the PDF to see changes on the Tube and rail network today.
Please read on for detailed travel advice by transport mode.
- After 12:00, there's a reduced Sunday service
- No District line service between Earl's Court and Kensington
For up-to-date information on how transport services are running, see our status updates
page or follow @TfLTravelAlerts on Twitter.
- A usual Sunday service will run
For the latest information on how buses are running, see our bus status updates page or follow @TfLBusAlerts on Twitter.
For the latest information on how the London Overground is running, see our status updates page
@LDNOverground on Twitter.
- The Congestion Charge won't apply today
- For information on expected traffic over the festive period, please check back at the beginning of December
For live traffic information, see our traffic status updates page or follow @TfLTrafficNews on Twitter.
Check National Rail's Christmas and New Year page for information about service changes on New Year's Day.
- An overnight timetable will run until 10:00, then there's a Sunday service
- A different timetable runs throughout the festive period. For live departures, see our DLR section
For the latest information on how the DLR is running, follow @LondonDLR on Twitter.
- Replacement buses will run between Chadwell Heath to Shenfield
- Trains will run every 15 minutes on the rest of the line
For live departures and more, see our TfL Rail section or follow @TfLRail on Twitter.
- No Line 4 service
- Otherwise a usual Sunday service will run
For the latest information on how trams are running, visit our status updates page or follow
@TramsLondon on Twitter.
Taxis & minicabs
- Each black cab journey will cost an extra £4
- Taxis and minicabs are available throughout the festive period
- Some roadworks may affect journey times
Find more information in our taxi and minicabs section.
- A normal service, but you can contact your coach operator to check your journey
- Victoria Coach Station's ticket office will be open 08:00-22:00 today, and the left luggage service is open 08:00-22:45
Following the New Year's Eve celebrations, these Santander Cycle docking stations will be closed:
- Baylis Road
- Belvedere Road
- Bouverie Street
- Colombo Street
- Concert Hall Approach
- Craven Street
- Embankment (Savoy)
- Godliman Street
- Horse Guards Avenue
- Jubilee Gardens
- Lambeth North Station
- Lambeth Palace Road
- Lower Marsh
- Milroy Walk
- Northumberland Avenue
- Queen Street
- Queen Victoria Street
- Smith Square
- Somerset House
- Southwark Station
- Stamford Street
- Storey's Gate
- Tallis Street
- Waterloo Bridge
- Waterloo Road
- Waterloo Station
- Whitehall Place
Check availability of Santander Cycles using the online docking station map, or visit our cycling section for full information on cycling in London.
Normal service except:
- No service on the Woolwich Ferry
- No service on RB6
To find out more about river services, see our river section or follow @TfLRiver on Twitter
Emirates Air Line
- Open as normal between 09:00-21:00
Find out more in our Emirates Air Line section or follow @EmiratesAirLine on Twitter.