If you're travelling in London between mid-November and Tuesday 3 January 2017, service changes, planned works and events may affect your journey. This page contains travel advice for Monday 2 January 2017.
Today is a Bank Holiday. Service changes include:
- Tube: Saturday frequency service
- Buses: Sunday service in the day, usual Monday service at night
- London Overground: Saturday frequency service, no service between Romford and Upminster, Gospel Oak to Barking closure continues
- Driving: The Congestion Charge won't apply
- DLR: Saturday service
- TfL Rail: Replacement buses between Chadwell Heath and Shenfield. Trains every 15 minutes on the rest of the line
- Trams: Sunday service, no Line 4 service
- Taxis: Until 06:00, an extra £4 per journey
- Cycling: Some docking stations in central London will be suspended
- Rivers: One-boat Woolwich Ferry service, no service on RB6, weekend service on RB3 and RB4
- Emirates Air Line: Open between 08:00-23:00
Map of service changes
View the map below or download the PDF to see changes on the Tube and rail network today.
Please read on for detailed travel advice by transport mode.
- A Saturday frequency service
- No District line service between Earl's Court and Kensington (Olympia)
For up-to-date information on how transport services are running, see our status updates
page or follow @TfLTravelAlerts on Twitter.
- A Sunday service
- Route 965 will run a Monday service
- Monday service on night buses
For the latest information on how buses are running, see our bus status updates page or follow @TfLBusAlerts on Twitter.
For the latest information on how the London Overground is running, see our status updates page
@LDNOverground on Twitter.
- The Congestion Charge won't apply today
- For information on expected traffic over the festive period, please check back at the beginning of December
For live traffic information, see our traffic status updates page or follow @TfLTrafficNews on Twitter.
Check National Rail's Christmas and New Year page for information about
all service changes over the festive period.
- A Saturday service
- A different timetable runs throughout the festive period. For live departures, see our DLR section
For the latest information on how the DLR is running, follow @LondonDLR on Twitter.
- Replacement buses will run between Chadwell Heath to Shenfield
- Trains every 15 minutes on the rest of the line
For live departures and more, see our TfL Rail section or follow @TfLRail on Twitter.
- No Line 4 service
- Otherwise, a Sunday service
For the latest information on how trams are running, visit our status updates page or follow
@TramsLondon on Twitter.
Taxis & minicabs
- Until 06:00, each black cab journey will cost an extra £4
- Taxis and minicabs are available throughout the festive period
- Some roadworks may affect journey times
Find more information in our taxi and minicabs section.
- A normal service, but you can contact your coach operator to check your
Following the New Year's Eve fireworks event, these Santander Cycle docking stations stay closed:
- Baylis Road
- Belvedere Road
- Bouverie Street
- Colombo Street
- Concert Hall Approach
- Craven Street
- Embankment (Savoy)
- Godliman Street
- Horse Guards Avenue
- Jubilee Gardens
- Lambeth North Station
- Lambeth Palace Road
- Lower Marsh
- Milroy Walk
- Northumberland Avenue
- Queen Street
- Queen Victoria Street
- Smith Square
- Somerset House
- Southwark Station
- Stamford Street
- Storey's Gate
- Tallis Street
- Waterloo Bridge
- Waterloo Road
- Waterloo station (reopens at 10:00)
- Whitehall Place
Check availability of Santander Cycles using the online docking station map, or visit our cycling section for full information on cycling in London.
Normal service except:
- A one-boat service on the Woolwich Ferry
- Weekend service on RB2
- Sunday service on RB4
- No service on RB6
To find out more about river services, see our river section or follow @TfLRiver on Twitter
Emirates Air Line
Find out more in our Emirates Air Line section or follow @EmiratesAirLine on Twitter.