If you're travelling in London between mid-November and Tuesday 3 January 2017, service changes, planned works and events may affect your journey. This page contains travel advice for Boxing Day: Monday 26 December.
Today's service changes include:
- Tube: Saturday frequency service, Night Tube runs as normal, closures on the District and Circle
- Buses: Generally a Saturday service, normal service at night
- London Overground: Saturday frequency service except weekday frequency on Liverpool Street branches, no service between Romford and Upminster, and the Gospel Oak to Barking closure continues
- Driving: The Congestion Charge won't apply
- National Rail: Changes include a reduced service at Heathrow Airport
- DLR: Saturday service
- TfL Rail: Replacement buses between Chadwell Heath and Shenfield. Trains every 15 minutes on the rest of the line
- Trams: Saturday service with weekday start and finish times
- Cycling: Some Santander Cycle docking stations in central London are suspended from 14:00
- Rivers: One-boat service on the Woolwich Ferry, no service on RB1X
Map of service changes
View the map below or download the PDF to see changes on the Tube and rail network today.
Please read on for detailed travel advice by transport mode.
- A Saturday frequency service
- No District line service between Gloucester Road and Acton Town, Richmond and Wimbledon. After 21:30, this closure extends to Embankment
- There's also no District line service between Edgware Road and Wimbledon; or at Kensington
(Olympia) - see below for travel advice
- No Circle line between Aldgate and Gloucester Road via Tower Hill. After 21:30, this changes to no service between Embankment and Edgware Road via Victoria
- Piccadilly line trains will call at Turnham Green and Ravenscourt Park, and at Stamford Brook (westbound only)
- The Night Tube will run
District line travel advice
Two replacement buses run:
- Service A calls at Hammersmith, Putney Bridge, East Putney, Southfields, Wimbledon Park, Wimbledon
- Service B calls at Earl's Court, West Brompton, Fulham Broadway, Parsons Green, Putney Bridge, Wimbledon
For the Richmond branch, use London Overground services between Richmond and Gunnersbury and/or bus 391, which connects with the Piccadilly line at Turnham Green and Ravenscourt Park.
For up-to-date information on how transport services are running, see our status updates
page or follow @TfLTravelAlerts on Twitter.
- A Saturday service on most buses
- Routes 931, 965, 969 will run a normal Friday service
- A limited service will run on the weekday routes 521 and X68
- Normal service on night buses
For the latest information on how buses are running, see our bus status updates page or follow @TfLBusAlerts on Twitter.
- Generally, there will be a Saturday frequency service
- A weekday frequency service on Liverpool Street to Chingford, Cheshunt and Enfield Town routes
- No service between Romford and Upminster - use bus 370 instead
- The Gospel Oak to Barking closure continues
For the latest information on how the London Overground is running, see our status updates page
@LDNOverground on Twitter.
- The Congestion Charge won't apply today
- For information on expected traffic over the festive period, please check back at the beginning of December
For live traffic information, see our traffic status updates page or follow @TfLTrafficNews on Twitter.
Check National Rail's Christmas and New Year page for information about
all service changes over the festive period. These include a reduced service at Heathrow Airport.
- A Saturday service
- A different timetable runs throughout the festive period. For live departures, see our DLR section
For the latest information on how the DLR is running, follow @LondonDLR on Twitter.
- Replacement buses will run between Chadwell Heath to Shenfield
- Trains will run every 15 minutes on the rest of the line
For live departures and more, see our TfL Rail section or follow @TfLRail on Twitter.
- There will be a Saturday service, with weekday start and finish times
For the latest information on how trams are running, visit our status updates page or follow
@TramsLondon on Twitter.
Taxis & minicabs
- Taxis and minicabs are available throughout the festive period
- Some roadworks may affect journey times
Find more information in our taxi and minicabs section.
- There will be a normal service, but you can contact your coach operator to check your
To prepare for the New Year's Eve celebrations, the following Santander Cycle docking stations will be suspended from 14:00:
- Baylis Road
- Belvedere Road
- Bouverie Street
- Colombo Street
- Concert Hall Approach
- Craven Street
- Embankment (Savoy)
- Godliman Street
- Horse Guards Avenue
- Jubilee Gardens
- Lambeth North Station
- Lambeth Palace Road
- Lower Marsh
- Milroy Walk
- Northumberland Avenue
- Queen Street
- Queen Victoria Street
- Smith Square
- Somerset House
- Southwark Station
- Stamford Street
- Storey's Gate
- Tallis Street
- Waterloo Bridge
- Waterloo Road
- Waterloo Station
- Whitehall Place
Check availability of Santander Cycles using the online docking station map, or visit our cycling section for full information on cycling in London.
Normal service except:
- A one-boat service on the Woolwich Ferry
- No service on RB1X
To find out more about river services, see our river section or follow @TfLRiver on Twitter
Emirates Air Line
- Open as normal between 07:00-23:00
Find out more in our Emirates Air Line section or follow @EmiratesAirLine on Twitter.