As Christmas approaches, London becomes busier with shoppers and party-goers. Between Saturday 23 December 2017 and Monday 1 January 2018, the vast majority of our services will be open. There will also be service changes because of Christmas operational hours, and essential planned work on some parts of the public transport and road networks.
**The information on this page relates to Christmas and New Year 2017/18. Please check back nearer the time for details of Christmas and New Year 2018/19**
Travel changes and information
Between Saturday 23 December 2017 and Monday 1 January 2018, planned works and service changes may affect your journey.
Key service changes will be:
- No TfL services on Christmas Day except for Santander Cycles, Dial-a-Ride and coaches which are available throughout the Christmas period
- Changes to frequency and timetable of services during this period, including early finishes on some transport on Christmas Eve
- On New Year's Eve, there will be free travel between 23:45 - 04:30 on the TfL network
Key closures will be:
- No service on TfL Rail from Saturday 23 December 2017 to Monday 1 January 2018
- No service between Gospel Oak and Barking from Saturday 18 November to Sunday 14 January 2018
- Part closure of the District and Circle lines from Sunday 24 to Saturday 30 December
- No National Rail services to Heathrow airport between Sunday 24 and Wednesday 27 December 2017
- The A1 Holloway Road will be closed from Monday 18 December 2017 to Monday 8 January 2018
Find out more about travelling on the following days:
For the latest information on traffic conditions, see our traffic status updates page or follow @TfLTrafficNews on Twitter.
For up to date information on our transport services follow @TfLTravelAlerts or visit our social media channels for individual line accounts for real-time information.