As Christmas approaches, London becomes busier with shoppers and party-goers. Between Sunday 23 December 2018 and Tuesday 1 January 2019, most of our services will be running. There will be some service changes and planned work on parts of the public transport and road networks.
Travel changes and information
Between Saturday 22 December 2018 and Tuesday 1 January 2019, planned works and service changes may affect your journey.
Key service changes will include:
- No services on Christmas Day except for Santander Cycles, Dial-a-Ride (for registered members only), Taxi and Private Hire and coaches which are available throughout the Christmas period
- No London Overground, TfL Rail or Thames Clippers services on Boxing Day
- Dial-a-Ride services will run throughout the Christmas season (for registered members), but are limited on certain days and are subject to different booking dates
- Changes to frequency and timetable of most services during this period
There will be free travel on TfL services from 23:45 on New Year's Eve until 04.30 on New Year's Day (except on Thames Clippers and Emirates Air Line ).
Check before you travel and plan ahead using our travel tools. See:
- The latest status updates for Tube, rail, DLR and Trams
- Status updates for roads
- Plan a journey, which can help you plan your route by public transport, cycling or walking
- Nearby, which uses your current location or a postcode or address of your choice and places you on a map, showing you Tube, bus, river, London Overground, DLR, TfL Rail and Santander Cycles locations around you
- @TfLTrafficNews as well as the TfL Travelbot on Facebook Messenger
- Our email updates
Daily travel advice
Find out more about travelling on the following days:
All information is subject to change. We'll be updating this page regularly with more detail of what's running over Christmas and New Year.
Last updated: Monday 3 December 2018