If you're travelling in London between mid-November 2016 and Tuesday 3 January 2017, service changes, planned works and events may affect your journey. This page contains travel advice for Christmas Eve: Saturday 24 December.
Today's service changes include:
- Tube: Early finish (around 23:30), no Night Tube, Charing Cross station closed until 05:30
- Buses: No night services, 24-hour services finish around midnight
- London Overground: Early finish (around 21:30), no service between Romford and Upminster, and Gospel Oak to Barking closure continues
- Driving: The Congestion Charge won't apply
- National Rail: Changes include Paddington services run from Ealing Broadway instead
- Heathrow Airport: No National Rail services at Heathrow Airport
- DLR: Early finish (around 22:50)
- TfL Rail: Replacement buses between Chadwell Heath and Shenfield. Trains every 15 minutes on the rest of the line until 22:00
- Trams: Less frequent service after 18:00, last trams at usual times
- Taxis: An extra £4 per journey after 20:00
- Coaches: Services will be extremely busy, timetables will change, limited services from around 17:00
- Rivers: Early finishes on RB1 and RB1X, Sunday service on RB4, no service on RB2 or RB6
- Emirates Air Line: Open 08:00-20:00
Map of service changes
View the map below or download the PDF to see changes on the Tube and rail network today.
Please read on for detailed travel advice by transport mode.
- There's a normal Tube service in the day
- Last trains are earlier - please finish your journey on the Tube by 23:30
- No Night Tube will run
- Charing Cross station is closed 00:45-05:30
- No District line service between Earl's Court and Kensington (Olympia)
For up-to-date information on how transport services are running, see our status updates page or follow @TfLTravelAlerts on Twitter.
- Run as normal during the day
- No night services
- 24-hour services will finish around midnight
For the latest information on how buses are running, see our bus status updates page or follow @TfLBusAlerts on Twitter.
- An early finish, with last trains leaving at 21:30
- No service between Romford and Upminster - use bus 370 instead
- The Gospel Oak to Barking closure continues
For the latest information on how the London Overground is running, see our status updates page or follow @LDNOverground on Twitter.
- The Congestion Charge won't apply today
- For information on expected traffic over the festive period, please check back at the beginning of December
For live traffic information, see our traffic status updates page or follow @TfLTrafficNews on Twitter.
Changes at Paddington rail station
There are no National Rail services at Paddington. Instead, routes will depart and terminate at Ealing Broadway station. Visit the GWR site for more information and alternative routes - especially if you need lifts or
escalators, as there's no step-free access at Ealing Broadway.
Tickets will be accepted by the following:
- TfL buses
- Acton Town station
- Ealing Broadway station
- Euston station
- Hammersmith station
- Hillingdon station
- Marylebone station
- Notting Hill Gate station
- Paddington station
- Waterloo station
- Chiltern Railways
- London Midland
- South West Trains
- Virgin Trains
Please re-plan your journey before you travel, and make use of the alternative services.
Other National Rail changes
Check National Rail's Christmas and New Year page for information about
all service changes over the festive period.
- Planned work means there are no National Rail services at Heathrow Airport. Instead, replan your journey to or from Heathrow using the Piccadilly line
- Allow plenty of time to travel as the Piccadilly line may be busier than usual
- An early finish, with last trains around 22:50
- A different timetable runs throughout the festive period. For live departures, see our DLR section
For the latest information on how the DLR is running, follow @LondonDLR on Twitter.
- Because of Crossrail works, there's a replacement bus service between Chadwell Heath and Shenfield
- Trains every 15 minutes on the rest of the line
- An early finish, with last trains around 22:00
For live departures and more, see the TfL Rail section or follow @TfLRail on Twitter.
- A less frequent service after 18:00
- But last trams are at their usual times
For the latest information on how trams are running, visit our status updates page or follow @TramsLondon on Twitter.
Taxis & minicabs
- After 20:00, each black cab journey will cost an extra £4
- Taxis and minicabs are available throughout the festive period
- Some roadworks may affect journey times
Find more information in our taxi and minicabs section.
- Coach services are extremely busy, so we recommend booking your tickets well in advance
- From around 17:00, there's a limited coach service. Contact your coach operator to check your journey
- Victoria Coach Station will be extremely busy, so allow plenty of time to travel
Normal service except:
- No service on RB2
- No service on RB6
- Early finish on RB1X (leaving Embankment 20:10)
- Early finish on RB1 (leaving Embankment 20:29)
- Sunday service on RB4
To find out more about river services, see our river section or follow @TfLRiver on Twitter.
Emirates Air Line
- Opening hours today will be 08:00-20:00
Find out more in our Emirates Air Line section or follow @EmiratesAirLine on Twitter.