If you're travelling in London between mid-November 2016 and Tuesday 3 January 2017, service changes, planned works and events may affect your journey. This page contains travel advice for Boxing Day: Monday 26 December.
Today's service changes include:
- Tube: Late start (07:45) with Sunday frequency service, closures on the District, Circle, Waterloo & City and Bakerloo lines
- Buses: Sunday service
- London Overground: No service
- Driving: The Congestion Charge won't apply
- National Rail: Changed services include no GWR service
- Heathrow Airport: No National Rail services at Heathrow Airport
- DLR: A service every 10 minutes
- TfL Rail: No service
- Trams: Sunday service with a weekday start and finish, no Line 4 service
- Taxis: An extra £4 per journey
- Rivers: No service
- Emirates Air Line: Open 08:00-23:00
Map of service changes
View the map below or download the PDF to see changes on the Tube and rail network today
Please read on for detailed travel advice by transport mode.
Chelsea vs Bournemouth
The Chelsea vs Bournemouth match at Stamford Bridge takes place today. If you're going, there are no Tube services at Fulham Broadway, but you can walk to Stamford Bridge from Earl's Court or South Kensington instead.
- Tube services start at 07:45 today, after which you can expect a Sunday frequency
- No District line service between Gloucester Road and Acton Town, Richmond and Wimbledon; between Edgware Road and Wimbledon; or at Kensington (Olympia). See below for replacement bus routes
- No Circle line between Aldgate and Gloucester Road via Tower Hill
- No Waterloo & City line
- No Bakerloo line between Stonebridge Park and Harrow & Wealdstone - a replacement bus will run instead, calling at Preston Road instead of South Kenton
- Piccadilly line trains will call at Turnham Green and Ravenscourt Park, and at Stamford Brook (westbound only)
District line replacement buses
- Service A calls at Hammersmith, Putney Bridge, East Putney, Southfields, Wimbledon Park, Wimbledon
- Service B calls at Earl's Court, West Brompton, Fulham Broadway, Parsons Green, Putney Bridge, Wimbledon
- Service C calls at Turnham Green, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Kew Gardens, Richmond
For up-to-date information on how transport services are running, see our status updates
page or follow @TfLTravelAlerts on Twitter.
For the latest information on how buses are running, see our bus status updates page or follow @TfLBusAlerts on Twitter.
- No service on London Overground
For the latest information on how the London Overground is running, see our status updates page or follow
@LDNOverground on Twitter.
- The Congestion Charge won't apply today
- For information on expected traffic over the festive period, please check back at the beginning of December
For live traffic information, see our traffic status updates page or follow @TfLTrafficNews on Twitter.
Check National Rail's Christmas and New Year page for information about all service changes over the festive period, including no GWR services today.
- Planned work means there are no National Rail services at Heathrow Airport. Instead, replan your
journey to or from Heathrow using the Piccadilly line
- Allow plenty of time to travel as the Piccadilly line may be busier than usual
- A service around every 10 minutes
For the latest information on how the DLR is running,see our DLR section or follow @LondonDLR on Twitter.
- A normal service, but you can contact your coach operator to check your journey
- Victoria Coach Station will be extremely busy, so allow plenty of time to travel
- Victoria Coach Station's ticket office will be open 08:00-22:00 today, and the left luggage service is open 08:00-22:45
- No TfL Rail service today
For live departures and more, see our TfL Rail section or follow @TfLRail on Twitter.
- No Line 4 service
- Otherwise, a Sunday service with a weekday start and finish time
For the latest information on how trams are running, visit our status updates page or follow
@TramsLondon on Twitter.
Taxis & minicabs
- Each black cab journey will cost an extra £4
- Taxis and minicabs are available throughout the festive period
- Some roadworks may affect journey times
Find more information in our taxi and minicabs section.
To find out more about river services, see our river section or follow @TfLRiver on Twitter
Emirates Air Line
- Opening hours today will be 08:00-23:00
Find out more in our Emirates Air Line section or follow @EmiratesAirLine on Twitter.