Section five of the Green Chain Walk takes you from the riverside walks of the Thames Barrier to the woodlands of Oxleas Meadows.
- Section start: Thames Barrier
- Nearest public transport to the start: Charlton (Rail)
- Section finish: Oxleas Meadows
- Nearest public transport to the finish: Oxleas Wood (bus stop on Shooters Hill/ A207) or Falconwood (Rail)
- Section distance: 3.9 miles (6.3 km)
- Severndroog Castle
- Oxleas Woods
Terrain and surface
After a hilly start with steep slopes and one, very long flight of steps (there is an alternative route), this becomes more level. This is mainly a mixture of tarmac paths, pavements, grass and rough paths and tracks. There are no stiles along this route.