You can take some types of bikes on some of our services. To find out which these are, use the advanced options in Cycle Journey Planner or use our guide below.
You can take a folded bike anywhere and anytime. Download the map below for details of where you can travel with your non-folded bike.
Folded bikes are accepted at the driver's discretion. The rules are
the same for pushchairs and larger items of shopping and luggage.
Docklands Light Railway
- Allowed off-peak Monday-Friday
until 07:30, between 09:30 and 16:00, and after 19:00 and all day weekends
and on bank holidays.
For safety reasons, bicycles aren't allowed at Bank station
- Can be used on all DLR trains, at any time. Tandems or bicycles with trailers aren't allowed on DLR trains
Cyclists are advised to avoid using the DLR during large local events. Please listen to advice from staff at all times.
- Can not be carried on any London Overground train between the hours of 07:30 and 09:30, and 16:00 and 19:00, Monday-Friday (except public holidays) with the exception of services to and from Liverpool Street
- Can not be carried on buses that replace trains due to engineering work
You can take a bike on London Overground trains
- Leaving Liverpool Street station to Chingford, Enfield Town or Cheshunt, between the hours of 07:30 and 09:30, and
- Arriving at Liverpool Street station from Chingford, Enfield Town or Cheshunt, between the hours of 16:00 and 19:00
- Are accepted on London Overground trains at all times
Please speak to a member of staff for more information.
- Can't be carried on any TfL Rail train arriving at Stratford or Liverpool Street between 07:45 and 09:45 and leaving Liverpool Street or Stratford between 16:30 and 18.30, Monday-Friday (except public holidays)
- Can be taken on TfL Rail trains at all times. Please speak to a member of staff for more information
Most riverboat services accept bikes on board, but please ask the boat operator you are travelling with in advance.
Please ask the company you are booked with about travelling with a bike.
Trams only takes folded bicycles - no container is required.
Emirates Air Line
You can take bicycles on the Emirates Air Line at all times.
National Rail's planner details where you can take your bike on the train.