Licences can only be granted for products or product ranges that are currently not offered under Transport Trading Ltd's licensing programme.
To obtain a licence, your company must have established distribution or retail outlets. Licences are not granted to companies wishing to retail products on eBay or other internet vendors.
Licences are not available for souvenir products to be sold in the London/UK gift market as Transport Trading Ltd has appointed, by tender, one master souvenir licensee for the UK market. Companies wanting to tender for this licence can do so when Transport Trading Ltd advertises appointments to tender for the UK gift and souvenir business.
If you want to develop a product or range of products under licence, you must:
- Email your designs in PDF format for review/approval by our licensing agency TSBA at email@example.com
- A prototype should be submitted for approval before manufacture
- Send production samples to TSBA once the item is manufactured. This is for our records and so quality and standards can be checked
Depending on the type of product needing approval, we generally clear permissions in a matter of days, although we normally ask you to allow between 5 to 10 working days.
We will make every effort to accommodate urgent requests, but cannot guarantee immediate turnaround.
We try to feature all TfL licensed products on our web shops and, where possible, in the London Transport Museum shop.
Product licensing contact
To develop products branded with our famous Underground brand or Tube map, create gift ranges with our historic or contemporary art posters or to use other properties owned by TfL, email our licensing agency TSBA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Film and TV licensing
To film or create a set using TfL's station signs, buses, posters, maps, bus shelters or other TfL-owned assets, you need to pay a reproduction/licensing fee and get permission from our Film Office.
Email the Film Office at email@example.com with this information:
- Type and purpose of the production or publication in which you propose to include the material
- Detailed information describing exactly how our IP will be used
- For use of our IP in feature films, television productions including documentaries, please include a synopsis of the production and include relevant script pages, illustrating how the material is to be used
- For publishing use, please include the associated text and the relevance of the material to it
- Title(s) and reference number(s), of posters that are requested from the London Transport Museum
- Distribution of your production including media, territory, length of term, broadcast date, etc.
- Name, address and company registration number of your production or publication.
Find out how to arrange filming on the Filming & photography on TfL page.
Trade Mark infringement issues
If you want to report the unauthorised use of any of TfL's marks, please contact our infringements team:
IPR infringements: IPRInfringements@tfl.gov.uk