I first joined the panel whilst running a Youth Travel Ambassador campaign to get more young people cycling to my former school and am proud to have served as chair since January 2014, steering the panel's agenda on issues such as road safety, accessibility and active travel.
I'm immensely proud of the work the panel has completed over the past few years, encouraging and informing on tangible changes to the city that make noticeable differences to young Londoners' lives. Outside of the panel, I work as a technology consultant, take a keen interest in politics, and play water polo.
My favourite type of transport is the Tube because it is quick, frequent and it runs 24/7 during the weekends.
The chair's responsibilities include:
- Chairing Youth Panel meetings
- Delivering key note speech at Youth Participation Day
- Sharing information with other members when requested
- Keeping up to date on the activities at TfL
- Reviewing and signing minutes of panel meetings
- Attending committee meetings (every 1 to 2 months)
- Representing Youth Panel at internal and external events