Santander Cycles availability
The Santander Cycles XML feed contains the name, location, coordinates and maximum number of docking points for all operational Santander Cycles docking stations. It also contains the number of available bikes (excluding locked or faulty bikes), and number of available docking points.
The feed comes direct from the Service Provider's information database and is updated in three-minute intervals. It contains the same data that is used for the online interactive map.
The Santander Cycles scheme is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are more than 10,000 bikes available from over 730 docking stations across central London. At any point, docking stations may be full or empty, working or not working, and bikes may or may not be available to rent.
The feed contains a date and time stamp which should be used to check that the information is up-to-date and be displayed when publishing the information.
How often we publish a fresh copy of the feed
Maximum time allowed between capturing and displaying the feed
Maximum time information can be displayed before being updated
- Each docking station contains location details (longitude and latitude), so any website offering travel information for customers could display the data, filtered for their geographic area of interest, on a map
- The information could be used to provide a complete picture of available docking points or bikes along a route or in an area
- The data could be fed into an online road journey planner or mobile navigation system
The example feed below is not updated and for demonstration purposes only. You need to register to gain access to the live feeds.
- Text to display "Santander Cycles data supplied at (time) on (date) by Transport for London"
- Use the Santander Cycles logo to represent the scheme on all applications and services
- Use the cycle pushpin icon (GIF 8KB) to indicate the location of Santander Cycles docking stations
Cycling, TfL Surface Transport