Vacant properties

View all our available retail units.

Permitted properties

The type of business you can run in one of our properties falls into different categories. These include:

  • A1 retail shops, travel/ticket agencies, dry cleaners, internet cafes, hairdressers, sandwich bars
  • A2 real estate and employment agencies, banks, professional and financial services
  • A3 food preparation units, including cafes, restaurants, snack bars
  • A4 pubs and bars
  • A5 takeaway food outlets

You can request to run a business in a retail outlet which is not necessarily designated for that type of business, for example putting an A3 offer on an A1 advertised property, but the process may take longer.

We recommend that you contact your local council if you want to do this.

Conflicting use

We are unlikely to accept applications where there is confliction use, ie the same type of business as yours if it already exists in a nearby location. For example, we tend to say no to applications for newsagents if the station already has one.


If your business falls into one of permitted properties categories and has no conflict with existing businesses in the location you want, your next step is to complete an application form.

Vacant premises - application form


You should include the address or reference number of the unit you're applying for. We'll also need to see a copy of your credit report.

Requesting a credit reference check

You can obtain your credit report from one of the following sources:

Send your application form with the documents listed on its front page to:

Victoria Davis
Cushman & Wakefield
43-45 Portman Square

Once submitted, we will always keep you up to date with the status of your application.

How we select tenants

We select new tenants on the basis of their:

  • Rental offer
  • Proposed type of business
  • Financial strength
  • Proposed use
  • Previous experience in running a business

Proofs of identity

If your application is successful, you'll need to prove your identity by showing us a passport, driving licence or other official document which includes your photograph. You'll also need to provide a recent utility bill, bank statement or similar document as proof of your current address.

Lease conditions

All our leases contain a clause where the lease is said to be 'contracted out of the security of tenure and compensation provisions of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954'. It means that when your lease expires, your landlord is not obliged to grant you a new lease under the Act. In most circumstances though, we do renew the lease with the tenant.

Rents and deposits

Only rent for the landlord is included in the annual rental figure. It does not include rates, outgoings and taxes.

We usually ask for deposits and rents are paid three to six months in advance. This depends on the strength of the tenant's financial background.

Refitting units

Our specially devised design guide and appendices contain information about how to approach the refit of a retail unit.

Victoria Coach Station retail

Guidance for retailers and fit out contractors working at Victoria Coach Station.

Retail security

Guidance for retailers on good retail security policies and procedures when working on the London Underground Network.


Up to five million journeys are made on the Tube each day - that's a lot of potential customers. We've calculated the annual figure for footfall for each station across the network.

These numbers don't reflect exact routes taken in stations and should be used as a guide only.