TfL Ref: 0855-1718
Thank you for your request received by Transport for London (TfL) on 10 July 2017 asking for information about the improvement works to Tottenham Hale station.
Your request has been considered in accordance with the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act and our information access policy. I can confirm that we hold the information you require.
Information published on the TfL website provides a good summary of the proposed improvements including:
- Creating a new landmark entrance to the station
- Enlarged station concourse to reduce crowding and queuing
- Step-free access to National Rail platforms via a new bridge (being provided by Network Rail)
- Extension of existing footbridge to Hale Village to form a new pedestrian route to the station
- Improving interchange by relocating the Greater Anglia and LU gate lines
- Closure of the Ferry Lane subway
- Relocation of the station vent shaft and a new station control facility
- Provision for over-station development
- Provision of new retail units
You may want to view these on our website: https://tfl.gov.uk/travel-information/improvements-and-projects/tottenham-hale#on-this-page-2
The new station is scheduled to be open to the public in late 2018.
In the new arrangements there will be separate gatelines for London Underground and Greater Anglia.
If this is not the information you are looking for, or if you are unable to access it for any reason, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Please see the attached information sheet for details of your right to appeal as well as information on copyright and what to do if you would like to re-use any of the information we have disclosed.
FOI Case Management Team
Transport for London