TfL Ref: FOI-0524-1718
Thank you for your email received by us on 31 May 2017 asking for information about Local Area Network (LAN).
Your request has been considered in accordance with the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act and our information access policy. I can confirm that we hold the information you require. You asked:
Can I please make a request under the Freedom of Information Act and I would like to request the following information with regards to the organisation’s Local Area Network (LAN) environment.
Please can you send me the organisation’s Local Area Network (LAN) contract, which may include the following:
· Support and Maintenance- e.g. switches, router, software etc
1. Existing Supplier: Who is the current supplier for each contract?
2. Annual Average Spend for Supplier: What is the annual average spending on the supplier above? If there is more than one supplier please split the annual averages spend for each supplier.
£20m (This includes other services).
3. Number of Users: Please can you provide me with the number of users each contract covers. Approximate number of users will also be acceptable.
4. Number of Sites: The number of sites where equipment is supported by these contract.
The number of sites is around 465, however, this can vary as equipment is moved.
5. Contract Type: For each contract is the contract Managed, Maintenance, Installation, Software
The contracts are under managed service.
6. Hardware Brand: What is the hardware brand of the LAN equipment?
They are mainly Cisco, some Juniper, 3COM and Extreme.
7. Contract Description: Please provide me with a brief description of the overall contract.
The contract is for the supply of Data Communications Services and Support Services - Networks, Telephony, Project Call-Offs and Ancillary Services. This includes but is not limited to:
• Incident and Problem management
• Network monitoring, Management and Support of active LAN and interconnect components
• Fully managed support of Firewalls and their configuration
• Project Management
8. Contract Duration: What is the duration of the contract is and can you please also include any extensions this may include for each contract.
18 months (with a 6 month option to extend).
9. Contract Expiry Date: When does the contract expire for each contract?
Contract end date is 08 Aug 2018.
10. Contract Review Date: When will the organisation is planning to review the contract?
The contract will not be reviewed as new procurement is already underway.
11. Responsible Officer: Who within the organisation is responsible for each of these contract(s) please provide me with contact details including name, job title, contact number and email address?
The contact person is Neel Gudka, Commercial Manager. Please note that in accordance with TfL’s obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) we have not provided a contact number or e-mail address, as required by section 40(2) of the FOI Act. This is because disclosure of this personal data would be a breach of the DPA, specifically the first principle of the DPA which requires all processing of personal data to be fair and lawful. It would not be fair to disclose this personal information when the individuals have no expectation it would be disclosed and TfL has not satisfied one of the conditions of Schedule 2 of the Data Protection Act which would make the processing ‘fair’.
If the LAN maintenance is included in-house or managed please include the following information:
The LAN maintenance is not in-house so rest of the questions do not apply.
1. Hardware Brand: What is the hardware brand of the LAN equipment?
2. Number of Users: Please can you provide me with the number of users this contract covers. Approximate number of users will also be acceptable.
3. Number of Sites: Estimated/Actual number of sites the LAN covers.
4. Responsible Officer: Who within the organisation is responsible for LAN please provide me with contact details including name, job title, contact number and email address
If this is not the information you are looking for, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Please see the attached information sheet for details of your right to appeal as well as information on copyright and what to do if you would like to re-use any of the information we have disclosed.
FOI Case Officer
FOI Case Management Team
Transport for London