Whether you would like to build your work experience and develop your CV, or get your foot in the door and kick-start a career at TfL, we have placement opportunities for undergraduates and recent graduates.
If you are looking to build your experience through a placement programme, we have some great opportunities for you. You can apply if you have a degree, are working towards one or have recently graduated.
You'll be given responsibility from day one, developing your skills whilst working on live projects and gaining valuable work experience. After your placement, you could go on to secure a permanent role or a position on one of our graduate programmes.
We offer student placements in the following areas:
Bursary & benefits
We can help you grow your career whilst still having a life away from work. In 2018, we were recognized as an organization that offers the best work-life balance to employees.
Your benefits include:
- Bursary to cover London living wage
- 28 days annual leave, plus standard public holidays
- Free travel on our networks (Zones 1-9) with an Oyster card for you and one other member of your household
- Membership of our pension scheme
- 75% reimbursement on the price of an annual travel ticket outside the TfL network- plus an interest-free loan to pay for it
- Optional private medical benefit
- A range of staff retail and leisure discounts
- Extensive volunteering opportunities