*One candidate, one application*
We can only accept one scheme application per candidate. Applying for more than one scheme could mean that you won't be considered for your preferred choice.
Our Project Management team is guided by project planners who ensure the smooth, efficient and realistic delivery of the work. They do this by monitoring progress, anticipating problems, scheduling updates and generally keeping everything on track. They also monitor and audit contractor plans, and plan processes for compliance with procedures.
Five GCSEs grade *A-C or certified equivalent, in maths, English language, science or ICT and any two other subjects. You must be 18 by 1 September 2016.
Salaries will differ according to the scheme, however, all our schemes offer a competitive package with the minimum London living wage.
This apprenticeship may be a route to:
An assistant project planner role with the potential to move into a planner and senior planner position.
This scheme is now closed.
Initially, you will have a three-day induction based in London, which tells you all you need to know about us, your role and where you fit in. Following that, you'll begin an comprehensive, structured training programme designed to introduce you to a variety of areas.
It includes learning from experienced staff who are working on infrastructure, upgrade and operations planning.
The programme is a combination of on-the-job training, which includes working with experienced project planners, and classroom-based learning. You will gain:
- A strong understanding of project planning, project management, engineering principles and contractual agreements.
- Insight into the upgrade and operational projects on Highway, Rail and Underground
- An appreciation of all the enabling works that these improvements require
- The skills needed to work in and around major capital programmes/projects
- A clearer understanding of specifications, standards and contractual agreements
The programme has been set up to gain work experience on capital investment projects, asset maintenance and operations. You'll be working on sites that are directly managing the supply chain to deliver work that is reliable, timely and cost-effective.
The apprenticeship is split into four placements lasting six-months in Surface, London Underground and IM:
- Four Lines Modernisation
- Power, Communications and Cooling (PCC)
- Asset Performance Planning
- Crossrail and Stations
- Operations and Engineering Technology
- Track Partnership
- New Tube for London
- Programme Management Office (PMO)
Who we need
We're looking for highly motivated people who have good organisational skills and strong strategic senses. They should also be dedicated to delivering projects to deadline and budget, and keen to learn more about their role.
What you get out of it
This apprenticeship also includes additional training, including:
- Safety training (PMF CDM safety module)/LU
- Behavioural safety
- Basic engineering technology training
Once you have completed this scheme, you will gain:
- Level 3 apprenticeship in Management
- Level 3 Diploma in Management
- An associate membership of the Chartered Management Institute
You will also receive:
- At least 29 days annual leave, plus standard public holidays
- Free travel on our networks (Zones 1-9) with an Oyster card for you and one member of your household
- A 75% reimbursement on the price of an annual travel ticket outside of our network - plus an interest-free, 10-month loan to pay for it
- Pension scheme membership
- Optional private medical benefit
- A range of staff retail and leisure discounts